Power your workloads with uncompromising density
With 2U performance packed into a compact 1U chassis, the PowerEdge R630 two-socket rack server delivers uncompromising density and productivity. Part of the 13th generation of PowerEdge servers, the R630 is ideal for virtualization, driving large business applications or running transactional databases.
Drive dense database solutions
The processor and memory density as well as storage flexibility of up to 24 x 1.8″ flash SSDs or 10 x 2.5″ HDDs (with an option to replace four HDDs with four PCIe SSDs) provides an ideal solution for large-scale transactional and analytical processing solutions, such as Oracle and SQL.
- Accelerate in-memory online analytical processing (OLAP) with up to 24 DIMMs of DDR4 RAM, providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth.
- Increase the number of transactions per second for online transaction processing (OLTP) databases with 12Gb PowerEdge RAID controllers (PERC9) that feature double the throughput performance and cache of previous-generation controllers.
- Efficiently drive workloads with high concurrent usage and frequent random access to all tables, payloads and log files using the R630 with an all-flash SSD configuration.
- Dramatically reduce storage latency with Express Flash PCIe SSDs and support for optional Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache application acceleration technology.
Power communication and collaboration
The R630 features the flexible storage capacity and high-density processing that is crucial to superior IO performance in Exchange and SharePoint applications.
- Speed your workload deployment with Dell’s expanding out-of-box template library for Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, UC&C and SQL configurations.
- Improve virtual machine (VM) performance, including better response times for more concurrent users, with fast DDR4 memory and the increased processing cycles and threads of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family.
|Ensure continuous access
The R630 can be easily configured as a reliable, general-purpose server for business-critical applications, with automated management and high-availability features, such as:
Simplify and automate your IT management tasks
Manage your data center servers the way you want: individually, collectively, in-person, remotely, or with your smartphone — it’s your choice. Consistent administration and 3rd-party integration ensures seamless management of PowerEdge servers.
|Simplify administration of PowerEdge servers with the embedded intelligence of the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and with the robust, timesaving management features of the entire Dell OpenManage portfolio.|
|Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller offers real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It also monitors server health, multiple internal parameters and system performance without requiring agents to be installed in the server operating system — agents which could require additional upkeep and consume valuable CPU time.|
|Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new Dell PowerEdge system added to the data center. It includes managed and persistent onboard storage that, when combined with its systems management capabilities, eliminates the need for traditional media-based system management tools and utilities.|
|Zero-touch automated deployment discovers and auto-configures Dell servers by using configuration files stored in designated locations on an internal network, which can reduce setup time and manual entry errors. Administrators can simply rack, cable and walk away.|
|Automated server updates synchronize servers to firmware baselines stored at designated locations on an internal network to simplify firmware updates.|
|The Tech Support Report, automatically maintained by iDRAC, is a continuously updated health and status report that monitors over 5,000 key system parameters and can help cut time needed to identify and resolve server issues.|
|Monitor and manage from anywhere
Administer systems from your smartphone, laptop or at the system with both local and remote management options.
Accelerate IT service deployment
Streamline infrastructure provisioning, speed up workload deployment and simplify IT service delivery through the unified console and highly intuitive user interface of Active System Manager. Enhanced for the latest generation of PowerEdge servers, it features:
- Template-based server and IO configurations, identity management and service migration capabilities
- Fast workload deployment with an expanding out-of-box template library
- Cloud enablement with support for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS), including Red Hat and VMware solutions
|Stocking the future-ready data center
With high-performance processing, large memory capacity and innovative local storage options offering greater scalability throughout the portfolio, the latest generation of PowerEdge servers meets your needs today, with the hardware, headroom and simplified management to adapt as your workloads demand.