Accelerate modern workloads with a scalable platform
The PowerEdge T640 is a versatile, powerhouse server ideal for mid-sized offices, remote sites and data centers. The T640 combines powerful performance and massive internal storage capacity in a rack or tower platform. Address a wide range of workloads and future-proof your data center with flexible storage, performance and I/O options.
- Server virtualization, desktop virtualization
- Database, business analytics (BI) and intelligence
- Applications and imaging for medical, finance, education and science
- ERP, CRM, HPC
- Software-defined technologies
Adapt and scale with greater versatility
Meet evolving business needs with the scalable business architecture of the PowerEdge T640. Accelerate demanding workloads and plan for future growth with cost-effective, in-server expansion.
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives and 2 x 10GbE connections.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation.3
- Address massive data growth with up to 18 x 3.5″ or 32 x 2.5″ drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automation
Dell OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%4with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your business with integrated security
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.